It's funny how I check my e mail everyday and see how my friends are
doing.... some are chatty, some are to the point, but I guess my point
is it's good to see all the posts and "hear" all the voices of people
who are like me.
        I initially said that one of my goals was to get a support group
going.... it's harder than I thought.  I put out about 150 flyers and
got zero call backs!  This is an example of how the List can energize
you though; my next stop is the local paper and cable station.  I can't
believe I'm the only Parkie out here in California!
        Several people, when I listed my med list, expressed concern that I
might be overmedicated.  I talked to my neurologist and although he
didn't recommend decreasing my Levadopa/Carbidopa load (100/25, 4x
daily,) he is looking at increasing my Requip (currently 1 mg, 3x
daily.)  He also started me on 20 mg daily of Celexa (HBr) I don't know
if I should be worried about the Levadopa quantity at this time (44
years old, 5 years into my dx) but if I miss a dose, whooo!!! Shaky,
feeling "weird," mask, slow movement... so maybe I am at the dose I
need, and I just need to put I with the side effects.  The good news is
that I talked with my doc for about 50 minutes, and for the first time
in a long time I felt like he heard me... and wasn't just telling me
that he thought I looked "fine."
        Lastly, I can't tell you how important it has been to share my
fears with my wife.  For 4 years I shared with her my physical problems,
but I never shared how scared I was. Although the first week  was rough,
we now seem closer than ever.  We've always worked as a team, but now
we're "Team Parkie."
Scott