-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Tilton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 11:43 AM
To: Debra Sutton
Cc: Automatic digest processor [[log in to unmask]]
Subject: RE: SSDI

Hello Debra... I am hoping you will get a list of responses on this
information, but I would like to pass on a few things I just found out when
I asked the same question to a number of people.  Being a Human Resource
Manager I was also able to pose this question to my Insurance Contact person
who is even doing more digging for me.

1. some of the info depends on the State you live.
2. it depends on your age.  If you are not old enough you may not be
eligible for a supplemental insurance.  If you are eligible, supplemental
insurance may be enough to pick up for you in addition to medicaire.
3. You are eligible for medicaire after 24 months and there are two
different types.  Medicaire A which doesn't cost anything and Medicaire B
which costs different amounts in different states, but you should possible
pick this up when you are first eligible because if you hold off and pick it
up later it may cost you more per month.

Craig will be eligible for Medicaire July 1st.  We were hoping to take him
off my insurance because I pay about $40 per week for him to be on it.  It
will be an additional $50 for medicaire B.  I have been advised to keep him
on my insurance because he is not old enought for supplemental insurance and
Mediciare does not cover medications and for that alone it is cheaper to
keep him on my insurance AND have him take medicaire B.

This is just what we found out here in Maine.  Take care. (And
congratulations... getting over the hurdles and just being able to face what
is in front of you must be very scary and you should be proud of yourself
for admitting it. Good luck to you. Dawn. cg Craig 46/10+