Well I have decided to finally swallow the big pill called PRIDE, and start the application process for SSDI.  I don't know why that's been such a big deal - it's not like I'm doing anything wrong.  I do have parkinson's after all.  It's not like I'm going to wake up in the morning and it's going to be gone.  I have a few questions I was hoping you could help me with before I start.
1)  Right now i have great health benefits through my husband's job ( thank you God!).  Once I get approved for SSDI - you know, in a year or two, - will I still be able to use his medical benefits for doctor's visits and Rx.  I think the answer is yes but I figured I better check to be sure.
2)  After you have been on SSDI for i believe 24 months, you are eligible for Medicare.  Does that mean you have to go on Medicare?  I mean, Medicare might be advantageous in some cases but if it doesn't cover prescription drugs, that could be really bad.  I don't see any advantage to getting SSDI and then having to spend the whole thing on my meds.  How exactly does Medicare work with SSDI?
I just don't want to make the wrong decision about applying and end up worse off that I am now, in the future.  At the same time, my family could use some money since my energy is zapped and my brain is muddled which makes working impossible.  Any advice??
Debra