Hello Nilo,
If I did not respond to your message it is because I thought you had found
interesting things in the archives. John loves fava beans and keeps asking
for them. He has the impression they help. For a time I put the beans on
wet cotton wool and made salad with the germinating bits, raw. It is not
always easy to find beans grown without too many chemicals so I grow my
own.  They are flowering at the moment and I hope we have a nice crop I
shall try the pods too, all that fiber can only be good against
constipation. Fava beans are very common here around the Mediterranean. You
eat them with olive oil and garlic or just crush the very new beans on
bread and butter. You can also make puree and all sorts of dishes. My
donkeys eat the leaves. Bon appetit
Maryse cg John 73,13