I've been meaning to invite people to have a look at this, so I'm happy Betsy reminded us.
It's a wonderful discussion list, and a great topic, but so far -- probably because of the time
of year -- it hasn't generated a lot of discussion (and should).  What Betsy has to say about
inkshedding is really interesting, and is bringing the concept to a wider audience.

And the "Teaching Composition" list itself is a pretty interesting idea: Chris Anson
periodically invites someone to post a provocation (I think they call them "modules") and
invites discussion.  My experience is that it's of interest beyond simply people teaching
straight comp courses (and in fact that's part of Betsy's point in her provocation).

Click here to go there:

     http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/english/tc/

(Or paste that in your Browser's "Location:" window.)

                                    -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_    Professor of English
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/          [log in to unmask]