Roger,

Thanks for beginning this conversation. I'm also willing to help fill
out the
form, but you're right-- we'd be better off with a title and a speaker's
list
now.

The overall conference theme is" Re-writing "Theme for English B":
Transforming
Possibilities", and the website is here:
http://www.ncte.org/convention/cccc2003/

It looks like what we'd need for names to appear in the program is full
names,
institutions, home addresses, home/work phone numbers, fax and e-mail.
In
addition, we'd need session titles and a very brief description of the
presentation.

In the past, when submitting the proposal, we've always said something
very
general about Canadians meeting and talking about their research and
pedagogy.
If we we get more specific and include speakers,  here's the description
of
what goes into the body of the proposal:

CCCC 2003 Call for Proposals
 Due by 11:59 P.M., April 22, 2002 (midnight Monday night/Tuesday
Morning)

 Part B: Session Descriptions
READ and follow all directions. Starred items (*) are required.

*Descriptions. Briefly describe the focus and purpose of the proposed
session.
For Workshop, SIG, or Caucus, please also specify meeting day and space
needs. Each  proposal may use a total of no more than 500 words in a
font no smaller than 10 point to describe the session topic and each
speaker's presentation. Do not
refer to  speakers by name. Rather, identify separate presentations by
"Speaker
#1" and the title of the presentation. Use the corresponding
Speaker/Presenter
number from above.

*****

We'd better get to work on this now if we want to have space and time to
meet
and talk in New York.

Janice