Rob - thanks for your message about fat, eggs, etc all of my favorites.
I was raised right here in Houston, Texas and my mother baked a pie or
cake to keep dessert on the table at all the times.    She also fried
everything.  And she made the best gravy in the world.  I think that
being raised that way, makes me think of those foods as comfort foods,
and I do partake - heavily.  My cholesterol is 245, and for the amount of
fat I eat, that's not too bad, even though most doctors want it under
200.  I just don't feel good if it is too low. (which may be due to the
fact that I'm not getting my comfort food). I also don't feel good if I
weigh too little.  I'm 5'8" and weight 170 lbs.  I lost a great deal of
weight (down to 152) 3 years ago, and I could hardly put one foot in
front of the other.  I deliberately put weight back on, but I don't care
for desserts, except on rare occasion.  Anyway, I'm glad to read that you
believe somes fats are good for you, because I would eat it whether it is
or not.  Best to you.  Jo Ann