I need help. Four years after diagnosis, I am leaving my job after a period
of working part time. My company has a long-term disability policy--great.
My wife is also disabled with rheumatoid arthritis and has been getting SSDI
benefits for 12 years. Our 16-year-old son receives dependent benefits as
part of my wife's benefits. The LTD policy I'm covered under counts our
son's part of the SSDI as deductible income (so-called full-offset
deductions). Now my insurance rep is telling me that my wife's SSDI may be
deductible too! This seems crazy! Our income would divebomb. I have calls in
all over the place to get some answers, but needed to do something
immediately so I'm writing to this list because many of you have been jerked
around in trying to patch together a post-employment income. I realize my
situation is fairly specialized, but does anyone have any light to shed or
any advice?

Thanks for anything you can offer.

Rick Hermann