Rayilyn,
You are a tough customer and this has been a busy day ....... I will have to
do this order in several  emails ...... I can't tell you what to try, but
only speak to what is working for this  parky.  First of all,  lets take a
look at at some background on  the lab work .......

Please understand that cholesterol is  not a bad thing, and the body even
manufactures it. Contrary to popular belief, fats are not bad and not to be
avoided as they are a very necessary  part of the nutrition for the body. It
is the right mix of fats that we must be concerned with. Eggs, butter, milk,
etc. are good and should not be eliminated. If you come across a Dr. who
claims that just eat a low fat or no fat diet, etc. and the cholesterol will
come down, run like hell.....

Fat is a source of energy. It carries some vitamins around the body. It is
used to make hormones and cell membranes, to protect organs and to lubricate
some moving body parts. However, too much of the wrong fat in the blood
increases the risk of heart disease or pancreatitis.
Tri-glycerides are the most common form of fat in the body. Cholesterol is
another form of fat. In order for fats to be carried in the blood, they are
wrapped in protein molecules. These bundles of protein-wrapped fat are
called lipoproteins.
Lipoproteins come in different sizes. Smaller ones are called low-density
lipoproteins (LDL) or very-low-density lipoproteins (VLDL). These molecules
carry fats from the liver to other parts of the body for utilization. Too
much LDL or VLDL can cause fat to build up on the walls of your arteries.
This can reduce the oxygen supply to your heart muscle and cause heart
disease or a heart attack.
Larger lipoproteins are called high-density lipoproteins (HDL). These are
called "good" lipoproteins because they remove fats from your arteries and
return them to the liver for more processing. High levels of HDL seem to
protect people from heart disease.
Blood fats are measured as the amount (in milligrams) contained in one tenth
of a liter (a deciliter) of blood, or mg/dl.

Triglycerides
Triglyceride levels in the blood rise quickly after you eat. You cannot eat
for at least 8 hours before you give a blood sample. Triglyceride levels
under 150 are considered normal. Levels greater than 1000 mg/dl can cause
pancreatitis. (A high starch - potatoes, etc. prior to blood work will show
elevated triglyceride levels too, so be conscious of what has been consumed
for supper before a  panel test)
Cholesterol
Total cholesterol includes the "bad" low-density and the "good" high-density
lipoproteins. Total cholesterol does not change too quickly after you eat,
so you can give blood any time for this test. Total cholesterol levels below
200 are considered good, and levels over 240 are considered bad.
HDL Cholesterol is good cholesterol. It can be measured in a non-fasting
blood sample. Higher levels of HDL cholesterol are better, and levels over
40 are considered good.
LDL Cholesterol is bad cholesterol. LDL levels are calculated using a
formula that includes the level of triglycerides. You need a fasting blood
sample to measure triglycerides or to calculate LDL cholesterol. Levels
below 100 are good, and levels over 160 are considered a high risk for heart
diseaseThe ratio of the HDL to LDl should be 3 to 1 ! NOT reversed as we see
it here....... OK so how to change all of this and then on to other concerns
relating to ALZ  aside from the usual  "hardening of the arteries" stuff.
Changing of the ratio, lowering total cholesterol, and reversing the build
up of the bad stuff in the arteries and other places (which I will deal with
later on ) is easily accomplished by eating MORE FATS ........
In this case, the use of the poly unsaturated fats and oils  really help -
Salads with extra oil on them are great, but watch it ..... not "crisco,
cotton seed, etc. " - stay to olive, soy, peanut, cannola, corn, etc.
(remember that when cooking you want to aviod the soy so as not to give  you
food a "fishy" taste ). Things like real mayonnaise are a plus and tuna
salads are good ( all providing a necessary  "lineoleic" (SP) acid ). These
things will help the next item to bring the  HDL / LDL  ratio into line.
The next item that you need to introduce and this can be taken directly by
the spoonful as  I do  or mixed with orange juice, etc.) is granular
lecithin. It comes in #1 containers and when ordered on line is usually
about  $6.00 a pound vs.  much more in local health food stores .....
Lecithin is a fat that is  derived from soy beans and the
phosphadytalserinre is but 1% of this.  It is made up of two  phospholipids
...... choline and inositol. Lecithin is much more palatible, but  taking of
salad oils by the tablespoons will also get the lineolaic acid etc. ito the
blood. (the lecithin won;'t hurt  you either - make a note also of hair and
fingernails .... dryness and  brittleness are sometimes symptoms of
lineoleic as well as B vit. deficiency problems.) Add extra oil to the
salads. As a side note, the three current  drugs of choice  for ALZ  are
"anti-cholerinergic " in activity one way or another - Will go into this
and  role of other biochem in a later e-mail - but basically, they seek to
inhibit the breakdown of CHOLINE  ........ as  ALZ is caused by a build up
of fatty particles in the brain which "harden " and kill  the brain cells by
interfering with the  supply of nutrients and all to our old friends the
mitochondria within the cells.  But this is not the first time we have heard
of these guys (and it won' be that last .....).
Back to lecithin - a minimum of 3 Tablespoons a day and increased to 6 TBLs
(over a 6 month period ..... and  don't stop there ! ) will lower the total
chloresterol alot easily (even with eating all the fat fron the pork roast
and  french fried foods that I do alathough I would cut these tasty fats
back in order to accelerate the breakdown of the fat linings in the
arteries). The action goes beyond this and is well doccumented that by
changing the ratio of the HDL / LDL, there is an action going on that is
similar to putting a detergent in the blood.  It emulsifies or breaks down
the bad stuff and slowly removes the build-up  and sends it packing to the
liver for disposal. Again the need for milk thistle, Bit B-3,6, NADH
etc..... Gee, wonder why the three  drugs are  chosen for ALZ, but one
should also follow up with lecithin and other things that naturally  make
all of this work alot easier for the body in its effort to combat the foods
and poisons we shove into it . The Lineoleic Acid additions really work
whether you add Lecithin , which has more benefits than oil, or you add
extra vegetable oil to your diet.

Conclusions:
Eat fats and oils ! ( the right ones ) Stay away from low fat or fat free
foods, they usually are high in carbohydrates which really adds to weight
problems. Sugar is fat free, BUT you sure dont need it either (take a look
at the  label on a product that  touts "fat free"  .....scary what people
consume thinking that they  are  doing something  good for them selves! ).
Make a serious effort to reduce Carbohydrates in the diet. Whole grain
foodstuffs are better than the white stuff. Natural Potatoes are better than
instant. Puddings, Jellos, and most desserts are loaded so forgo them as
much as possible.
Realizing that we are all different, but my cholesterol went from 240 to 145
in 6 months  with this  program and has stayed there since.

Will have to deal with the  Lopid, doxycycline, and acetometaphin all
later.  I hope that this helped  with understanding  the tri-G's  We also
need to persue the antihistamines as there is a definate relationship to
some  dementia and psychosis issues in the elderly,

 Rob