Fox at peace with PD: on Oprah tomorrow

April 2, 2002 - Michael J. Fox will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show
tomorrow to discuss his high-profile battle with Parkinson's disease.

Fox and his wife, actress Tracy Pollan, are promoting Lucky Man, the
actor's new autobiography, on the daytime talk show, which reaches 26
million viewers in the United States alone every week.

Winfrey's interview with the couple touches upon how they dealt with the
initial diagnosis, the Edmonton-born actor's decision to go public with his
disease, as well as his controversial comments about how he has seen the
degenerative neurological disorder as a sort of blessing.

"It's a gift that keeps on taking," he tells Winfrey on the pre-taped show.
"It's a gift in that it really gave me a whole different appreciation for
life and a whole different experience.

"I found out I wasn't me minus this loss, minus Parkinson's. I was me plus
it. I was, you know, enriched by the things it opened up for me."

The Oprah Winfrey Show airs weekdays at 4 p.m. ET on CTV.

Benjamin Errett National Post
Copyright 2001 National Post Online
http://www.nationalpost.com/scripts/printer/printer.asp?f=/stories/20020402/
516874.html

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/