Rick, Are you saying your sons and wife ssd is deductable or taxable. The way
mine works. I have an ltd also, which is taxable because I did not pay
anything towards premiums it was part of my benefits. I have a 16 yr old also
who draws at the present half of what i draw from ssd. which reduces my  ldt
by that amount. Once she turns 18 or gets out of college my ltd goes back up
that amount which is taxable. My daughter does not pay any tax on her ssd.
ssd is only taxable i think this year was if you had other income of 45,000
or more but your income would not have anything your son or daughter ssd.
Also If you are on disability go to county office with you ssd approval
letter show them . In South Carolina your  property tax is cut in half and
alot of  other benefits come with ssd  I just got on with Medicare A&B Which
will help alot since I am on the list at Emory to have the DBS. I saw the
surgeons in Jan and have a MRI the 23rd and with the surgeons june 20th. I
retired on ssd in April 99 I'm 48 and  dig. in 96 had symtoms since92.

Glad to give any help.
 Mike Truluck