   My husband, Gordon, has lately been having problems with constipation.  He
takes the maximum dose of stool softeners and eats dried prunes and other
fruit.  When he is trying to move his bowels, the symptoms of the Parkinson's
increases, and he gets very upset.  I have urged him to increase his fluids
which he is doing -- especially if I gently nag a bit.  He was diagnosed with
PD in 1996 and started meds in 1997.  Presently he is on carb/ledopa 10/100,
mirapex, selegiline, CR sinemet at bedtime, and comtan.  The comtan was added
gradually at Christmas time and the last increase was the end of January.  In
the last three weeks the constipation has gotten very bad.  He is sure it is
from the comtan.  From what I have read the comtan has diarrhea is as common
side effect. I have a call into the doctor's office and am waiting for a
return.     Has anyone else had problems with constipation or noticed it with
comtan?  Thank you in advance.
    Jeannie Leroux