Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your comments regarding the article in JAMA.

The posting, subjectline included, was forwarded by me from the NPF site
with comments by dr. Abe Lieberman. As I understand it, in dr. Lieberman's
view -as also can be read in the comments and answers he sent out through
the NPF (askthedoctor) mailinglist- this article DOES indicate that
pramipexole slows down the progression of PD.

In the opinion of many dr. Lieberman and the NPF are to be considered as
knowledgeble, trustworthy, reliable and objective sources of information.
Opposite such sources we PWP often find other opinions from other
knowledgeble people, f.e. our own neurologist or -as in this case- your
view.

Since most PWP are lay persons and many studies are supported by the
pharmaceutical industry itself, we have to be able to rely on the opinion of
knowledgeble people representing the interests of PWP in the Parkinson
Foundations and Associations in giving us objective information regarding
the conclusions of studies and consequences regarding treatment of PD.

The fact remains that often opinions from different (reliable) sources
contradict eachother, leaving the PWP in a state of distress and confusion,
not knowing what they should or shouldn't believe.

Therefor I will send your comments regarding the JAMA article to dr.
Lieberman and ask him for his opinion. After receiving his respons, I will
forward it to PIEN to discuss this matter further.

Hans.