Ron - You asked about my reaction  to "CR's" taken in the daytime.I have been having more problems as time goes by, with dyskinesia and when I take the extended release 25/100CR or any strength CR, it seems to make it worse. But I do take one 50/200 when I wake up during the night and then go back to sleep.  That gives me a good headstart for 3 to 5 hours the next morning.  Then during the day, I take up to four 10/100 plus 3 Mirapex.This works quite well for me with he excepion of the dyskenesia which is my biggest problem
     Like you, I feel I have had a mild PD for the last 17 years and I feel it has been mild partly because I've trid to take as little medication  as I can. In my opinion I believe many people are over medicated.
     Right now I'm in Georgia to see if my next step to get rid of dyskinesia should be DBS.  As far as feeling normal again - I'm not sure how it would be but I'd sure like to find out.