I feel for you. You're in a tough situation. My husband has PD (for ten years
now) and two years ago, I was diagnosed with anaplastic large cell lymphoma,
stage three.  I was sick as can be for some time and fortunately entered
remission after chemo. What I found during this time was that my approach to
illness was completely different than my husband's, and what worked for me
would not necessarily work for him.  However, I'm sure I drove him crazy and
still continue to with my own ideas on how I think he should be dealing with
his illness.

It sounds as if your husband is throwing himself into activity probably as a
way to deal with all that is going on in your lives as well as a way to stay
healthy. He is probably frustrated that you cannot manage to do all that he
wishes you could, which only compounds the frustration that you must feel in
not feeling up to all this activity. I think you both need to be honest in
your expectations of yourself and each other.

I had an almost maniacal need to not let my life become consumed with my
illness and in the end, I believe that contributed just as much to my
remission as the chemotherapy did. My husband, on the other hand, has allowed
PD to completely overtake his life or perhaps it is unfair to say he has
allowed it. Maybe after all this time, and with all the physical and
psychological symptoms, he just couldn't do any different. I don't know, and
I try to see things from his perspective but I do know I would handle things
very differently than he does. So, it's frustrating for both of us as I am
sure it is you and your husband.

It is hard using new medications and getting used to their side effects. The
only thing I can tell you is no matter what happens with your illness, find
the things that mean the most to you in your life and hold tight to them.
Don't let anything take you away from being you.  You may have PD and that in
itself really sucks, but you are still you - and you deserve to have all the
good things in life that you had hoped for. It may be a different path to get
there than you had expected, but you can still get there.

Best of luck,
Pamme