Greg, I wonder too, especially since the Bible says nothing about stem cell
research, blastocysts or therapeutic cloning.  However, it (the Bible) is
strong on begatting and smiting (sp?) so unlimited  reproduction, war and
revenge is OK if it is just and God is on your side.  History is teeming with
examples.

Re Bush, I know now, but only a few in my part of California agree or care,
it doesn't affect them.  It is not just Bush, but most right wing
anti-abortionists, IMHO who have captured the GOP, my former party. Their
reach extends way beyond abortion.  They believe we have a moral commitment
to non-existent entities. These "neo-Puritans" (not all Christians), being
"right" can and will run our lives.  No doubt many people with PD ono our
List agree with them.  However, I do believe this issue belongs on the List,
our lives depend on Bush and his powerful supporters.

Maybe we'll meet in jail if I live long enough and can muster the means to go
abroad for help.

Yeah, Greg, it's just us trying to deal with reality.  Rayilyn