Hi Everyone,

I am new to the list, but I have been eavesdropping for a long time. I am 52
years old and was diagnosed with PD 6 years ago. Fortunately, my PD has
progressed at a slow pace. I believe what has helped me with "managing" PD is
my strict adherence to a medication regime, acupuncture, massage, playing the
accordion and jazz dancing.

I felt compelled to write when I read about the topic of chronic cough which
I have had for two years. After ruling out asthma, acid reflux, and a long
list of other possibilities, I believe my physicians are finally on the right
track. The diagnoses are: severe nasal inflammation (prescribed Flonase),
vocal cord dysfunction (prescribed speech therapy), and dystonia of the vocal
cords (prescribed speech therapy). Through medication and speech therapy, I
am making progress in dealing with the chronic cough. I wanted to share this
information in case it might apply to other members of the list.

Regards,
Kate Kelsall

Music is nothing separate from me. It is me... You'd have to remove the music
surgically. ~ Ray Charles