Debra, there is NO sperm involved at all in SCNT.  Conception doesn't take
place, at all, unless you think this is "immaculate" conception. This fact
will not change your mind, but it is true.

I might use an egg from my niece (she is not going to use all of them) and my
own DNA to possibly cure my PD.  Don't I deserve that chance if I want it?
As you know, eggs are lost every month naturally.  Are we going to retrieve
all of them since some people, I guess, think they are people?  And what
about all those thousands of embryos in in vitro clinics that have been
discarded over the years since Louise Brown was born?  Snowflakes is trying
to get them, the ones left over, adopted.

If I believed I was killing another human being to cure myself, of course, I
wouldn't do it.  I think it all comes down to what we think a person is.  I
do not believe an acorn is an oak tree or an egg is a chicken and I don't
believe stem cells are people. I have a more spiritual idea of an entity
being more than matter.

I have a cousin whose son died a horrrible death (it took 7 yrs)  at 35 from
cystic fibrosis.  She opposes stem cell research because she believes that
people pre-exist somewhere before birth and by supporting this research she
would be preventing them from being born.  I come down on the side of living
beings rather than hypothetical ones.  All the people who could possibly be
born are not going to be.  Is this what you and others want?

I think Terry's explanation of what the science is is true, altho I doubt it
will change anyone whose mind is already made up.  Also, you don't have to
use any cure or treatment you believe is immoral, like Jehovah's Witnesses
won't have blood tranfusions.
Rayilyn