Joe, one has to go back to the Book's author's for a good perspective and overall picture of where these folks are coming from.    And remember that we loose alot in the translation.  But I'll agree that it is pretty straight forward that by the Book I am a very evil person (I work 7 days a week with a seasonal business).  My translation is that some religious beliefs are more about revenge, control and power - not about justice and the good of mankind.  Perhaps the authors don't really mean I should be put to death.  Like Clinton "define death".

Again, the topic here is really therapeutic cloning and how one feels about it in their own conscience.  I guess we could debate till we're blue in the face.  I think people should do things because it is the right thing to do.  But what is right for some is obviously way bad for others.  I think we'll ALL agree that we are not all going to agree.  The debate is very interesting to me.  ~pat

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joe Thome
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 9:58 PM
  Subject: Re: too seriously

  Patricia,

  I couldn't agree with you more that we are no more special on this earth
  than any other living creature. And the Bible seems to support that because
  it shows no special reverence for human life in the examples below.

  --He that sacrifficeth unto any God, save unto the Lord only, he shall be
  utterly destroyed. Exodus 22:00
  --And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to
  death. Leviticus 24:16
  --Whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to
  death. Exodus 31:15
  --He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall surely b put to death.
  Exodus 21:15
  --He that curseth his father or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
  Exodus 21:17

  The above were compiled by the late by the late Jyoti Shonkar, publisher of
  Bubbles Online Magazine.

  Joe