Debra,

  This is not a silly question. It is one that I have thought of but also
blamed on getting older. I am 40. My knees creak and pop everytime I climb a
stair, walk up an incline or get up from the toilet. (After that statement,
don't feel embarrassed at all).  My fingers pop, my shoulder blades, my
elbows, neck, ankles, etc. It doesn't hurt but it sure is loud. I feel like
I am my own personal bowl of rice krispies.

  I'll be interested to see how others respond to your question.

Deborah