hi all

At 12:52 2002/04/18 -0700, someone wrote:
>You can't win this one dear. You shoulldda nevah gone there. Apparently.
>Its worse than what you can ever think.   That one's worse than pandora's
>box.  That's one topic you don't want to EVER bring up...to anyone.  However
>since you done brung it up let it, go...and ..if you wish to have some
>FACTUAL background information that will help form an educated opinion as to
>the sentiments of all involved both now and at is creation I will be more
>than willing to oblige.

i dont want to win anything
is there no hopeful response to the israeli soldier's comment?
what is there that can never be talked about?

facts are what we all have too much of
records and contracts and treaties and history books
and maps and lists of the dead

we cling to them as if they have meaning
they don't
they are evidence of our insane behaviour as a race

it's all past
how about letting it all go
we have collectively erred period

this applies to the world now and in the past
ireland
rwanda
bosnia
arawaks
slavery
purges
witches
pogroms
inquisitions
crusades
stonings

there is no way on earth to add up and evaluate all the hurt
we have done to each other
and that evaluation is not our job

the more i learn about us
the more i realise how much we have not learned
when will we?

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/