     1997/09/10 Re: Ron's post / family atmosphere

     hi all

     someone wrote:
     >I pray for continuation of our list discussions
     >with the love and friendship of a family atmostphere
     >(thanks, Janet ..  what a great idea!)

     you are most welcome!

     i guess the significance of the sharing that goes on here
     is much more important to me
     on this beautiful but limited island
     because of what is not here:
     no neurosurgeons
     no neuros of any kind
     no 'movement disorder clinics'
     no support groups

     i have YET to meet a parkie in person
     [after nine years!]

     i have admitted to being spoiled by living on my own
     enjoying the luxury of solitary mulling time

     but the only reason that luxury doesn't become a prison
     is that i have
     'you lot'
     through the miracle that is the internet

     we each one of us are individuals
     with our own chemical 'stew', granted,
     but also with our own unique talents or strengths

     i think the dynamic of this medium
     plus all of our strengths pooled together
     is the miracle of our time

     if i had pd
     and still lived here
     but with no internet in existence
     ... i can hardly bear to think about it

     i think i can declare without hesitation
     the only reason i feel so comfortable with having pd
     and so optimistic about the future
     is due to this miracle

     >If that is not possible for all,
     >then perhaps we can maintain at least
     >the polite and collegial atmosphere
     >of people working together toward a common goal
     >of surviving, fighting and learning as much as possible about PD.. :)

     i'm glad that ron felt 'safe' enough with us to express his frustration
     this isn't a 'public forum'
     it's a group of people brought together
     by an uncommon condition
     which is progressive, incurable, and degenerative

     we are not the average joe or jane on the street
     we and the people we care about
     have been through and are still going through
     a test by fire

     at times we need to share what we are really feeling
     because this may be our only outlet
     this may be the only group we have access to
     who might understand

     being a family doesn't mean 'happy days'
     being a family doesn't necessarily mean being 'polite'
     being a family doesn't mean we're 'on the prowl' or 'lookin fer luv'
     it means facing ups and downs together for the long haul
     knowing that we can just be us no act no pretense
     knowing we're not alone

     and if that's not a miracle
     i'll eat my hat

     your syber-sis

     janet

     http://webhome.idirect.com/~janet313/janetsjo/1997/09/10g.html

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
pd: 55/41/37 cd: 55/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask]
smail: 375 Country Street, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/