On 14 Apr 2002, at 10:36, nkporter wrote:

> Don and everybody,
>
> Since nobody on the list, at least so far, seems to know what
> "Three-family Syndrome" means, if you ever find out, would you please
> post the answer to the list?  I, for one, am curious to know the answer.
>
> Nancy Porter
>

> >Thanks to those who responded.
> >Don Burrows

Hi Don and Hi Nancy,
Well... you've piqued my curiousity too...

Here is a three family reference... (Alzheimers)

"The UW's genetic research is focused on a strain of the disease
passed down from generation to generation: specifically, families
with three family members with the disease in two generations.
By studying those families, where the link clearly is genetic,
researchers believe they can home in on some vital clues. "
http://www.washington.edu/alumni/columns/march95/alz.html

(I also recall a reference to genetics and familial cancer which
I believe was part of studies from the Human Genome Project
and focussed on studying three or more family members in
two generations)

Any one else??

cheers ........... murray