I agree.  However, I don't see how a conflict can be resolved by
ignoring all of the facts surrounding the conflict.

> i suggest that there might be a different way
> to approach a seemingly intractable problem
>
> so far, we as a race have not done too well
> in stamping out the scourges of war and violence toward each other

I think where we disagree is that I believe that some things in life are
good and some are evil.  Two sides are not always morally equivalent.
If we treat the evil as having the same validity as the good, then there
is no reason to prefer the good over the evil.  Sometimes, the only way
to stop evil is to fight for what's right.  Unfortunately, the evil
doesn't always respond to peaceful discussions.  What to do then?