Ok, I know I'm supposed to know this but knowing in
my head and knowing in my heart are two completely
different things  .....Edna fidgets ... and I'm frightened.

My sister Edna Earle was diagnosed by me in 1995 and
has so far had a pretty smooth course of living with Parkinson's,
if there is such a thing, Edna is 53.

Eldepryl and then Mirapex kept her symptoms under check
for several years, then she needed more. Her symptoms of
slowness, fatigue, shuffling walk, not swing her arms,
difficulty writing, necessitated raising the Mirapex and starting
a low dose of Sinemet in 1998.

She had some difficulty first starting on Sinemet because
it caused horrible nausea when she first started but working
with dose, timing and foods she has been able to overcome
that problem and function very well.

A few weeks ago I noticed Edna holding her right arm/hand
behind her back and twisting her hand around while walking.
I asked her husband about it and he said she had been doing
it for awhile. I asked Edna why she was walking with her hand
behind her back like that and she said she didn't know why.

It's like I see it, but my brain won't take it in and understand
what is happening to her. There's a disconnect between
what I see and what I know.

a sister,
Gail