Hi Rita, first of all as regards the "medical professional".  We dropped
our neuro after several confrontations such as you describe.  We felt
that he was either irresponsible or did not care enough to dig a little
deeper.  This was a very wise move as we did locate a very good neuro
later.  As to "friends", take it as a compliment to your success and if
they pursue the questioning you may have to get abrupt with them.  Then
you will find out if they are really your friends.

Been there and done that.
Ron