Hi all,
        There has been an exciting development announced today in the UK , regarding the treatment of PD. Trials have been carried out at a hospital in Bristol, using GDNF, which is carried to the brain via two intra-venous tubes, which in turn are connected to two small pumps  implanted in the abdomen .
Initial results appear to show that the GDNF actually prompts the brain into repairing any damaged areas. So far only 5 people have undergone the procedure, but the results have surprised doctors. One patient was on tv today, prior to the treatment he suffered severe Dystonia, tremor and rigidity. Following the treatment he could walk , talk clearly and smile again. Doctors point out that it is early days , and that many more trials need to be carried out, but they are "cautiously" excited  by results so far.
All I can say is that  I too am excited by these results, this is the best news that I have heard in a long time, and it will certainly give me something to discuss with my Neuro' when I see him again in May.
Best Wishes,
Nigel, age 47, Diag'35