Nicely put ~
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: vmehra
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 12:13 PM
  Subject: Choice and God

  Hello All,

  I keep repeating here that my Father died in 1999 from PD and why I am still
  here apart from him, is that now that I am doing my PhD in Sociology, I have
  chosen to work on Biotechnology (Stem cells and cloning) and Social
  Development.

  I have been reading several things on the question of ethics in Stem cells.
  My opinion is this.

  There is a difference between Morality and Ethics. Morality is tradition
  bound. It is where you have no power to contest the ideas. It is the word of
  God/Church or the State or the King in earlier times. Morality was those
  ideas which these 3 called Law and Truth.
  Ethics has to be different. Ethics is not the universal truth or law. The
  beauty of ethics is that you can contest it. You have to constantly redifine
  ethics becuase everyone is equal in our world. We are all not the SAME but
  EQUALS.