Hello everyone,
    I am new to the list and live in west central Illinois.  My father, who is about to turn 86 in June has not officially been diagnosed with Parkinsons but his physical therapist says that the way my father is acting is that of a Parkinson's patient.  This is all so new to me and my family.  Until a couple of weeks ago, before my Dad's last fall, he was able to walk sufficiently enough with help.  Now it is only in the mornings when his feet seem to work correctly.  The evenings, at bedtime, are difficult to watch at times because his feet don't want to move properly and sometimes they cross over one another.  It is like watching an infant learn to walk instead of an 85 year old man.  We come into this world helpless and, at times, leave this world the same way.
    I realize that other families have and are experiencing the same difficulties my family is right now.  I really don't have any questions to pose at this particular moment but it is very interesting to read what others have to say and the experiences they can share make it seem a little easier in dealing with my own father's situation.

Thanks so much,
Maria