The doc was an idiot. (Sorry, I'm tired, and don't feel
charitable.) PD USUALLY begins on one side of the body.
And, yeah, Valium (or other benzos)can help,as a temporary
"fix", but you need to run (a little Parky humor), not
walk, to a competent neurologist. And don't overdo it with
the Valium. People with Parkinson's are sensitive to meds.
Carole H.