Hi all,
My reaction to the cartoon was the same as Paul's. Tom Toles was the editorial cartoonist for the Buffalo News for many years, and being familar with his previous work - I do believe he supports therapeutic cloning research.
To me the Parkinson's patient represents all of us waiting patiently (or impatiently) for a cure - and being told by politicians, such as Brownback and his supporters, that they have decided that our lives are not do deserve the same respect as they would give to a cluster of cells that would never become a human being. I believe the cartoon is not really meant to be funny, but is Tom Toles' statement against the ban on  therapeutic cloning.

Linda Herman