Thank You Katie,

  I'm apologize for posting what I did.

Deborah

To all:

        Something else to keep in mind is that donated, or shared,
medication
is also a crime.  If you give your unused medication to someone else you are
illegally dispensing (prescription) medication without a license.  This is a
felony in most, if not all, states.  This sharing of medication has appeared
before on the list, and I sent a detailed posting which ought to be in the
archives.  This recent flurry of activity over donated prescription
medication also puts the list and the listowners in a very vulnerable
position.  And, of course, the boilerplate provisions of the guidelines from
the University of Toronto also cover these postings and ban them.  I know
what it is like to have excess medication and to know someone else could use
that medication.  I have also represented defendants who have unwittedly,
and
with the best of intentions, passed on medication to friends and others for
whatever reasons.  Believe it or not: this is criminal activity.  This is
why
when someone dies, all those unused medications are dumped.  Katie