Hi,

  I just got back from the doctor's office.  I was told that my rash is
because of my PD+ (MSA), specifically that my immune system is not
functioning correctly.  I was advised not to even go in our hot tub (which I
just got back into working order day before yesterday) or even a swimming
pool because I am likely to have a reaction to the chemicals in it.

  He also told me that my snap, crackle and popping is probably due to
osteoporosis but again, because of the other problems that I have, he did
not see the use in ordering a bone density test because regardless of the
results, he cannot put me on the medications available to fight it.  He
reminded me that I am still unable to even take vitamins.

   He gently reminded me that the MSA is causing a lot of the different
major organ systems in my body to not work right. He is a very kind doctor.
He always spends a lot of time with me and answers any questions that I
have.  He looked truly sad when he told me that he doesn't have any magic
answers.  He ordered a number of blood tests (He wants to check my liver
function and current immune state among a list of other things) and
increased the dosing on 2 of my meds (famotadine & zyrtec) but is being very
cautious about adding any additional medications until after the blood work
comes back because he is afraid that I might get an even worse reaction.

  I talked to him about all of my left over medications and he is part of an
organization here in Charlotte that helps those who cannot afford meds.  He
said if I brought him all of my unused medication the he can promise me that
it will get into the hands of someone who needs it legally.  Maybe others of
you have such organizations in your area both for donating meds and
receiving them.  It's worth a call to your doctors to find out.

  I don't know why, by now, I haven't figured out when I go to the doctor
they are not going to give me some magic pill that will make me well.
Because of the botched DBS and the resulting infections that I had earlier
this year, they cannot even give me anything to "make me more comfortable."
Taking 1 darvocette for the pain 3 weeks ago necessitated me going back on
steroids for a week.

  I'm glad ya'll are here.  I have to admit something to all of you so that
I can have the courage to face it myself.  I won't be able to have the DBS
redone for my PD+ (MSA.)  I was scheduled for July 10 (penciled in) but the
reality is that the MSA is progressing, I'm not getting better.  Harder than
that to face is that I'm not even over what my body went through from the
brain infection in January, no bad how much I want to be.  Reality is if I
can't even take a darvocette...I would never live through the general
anesthesia for the DBS.

  Once again, I find myself back to that point of having to accept that this
is as good as it is going to get and I'm going to have to deal with it and
be thankful for what I can do and what I have done. (Denial is so much more
fun than reality)!

Deborah
aka Tenacity