On April 22, Linda J Herman wrote:

>List members,
>Please visit the new GrassrootsConnection website >
>www.grassrootsconnection.com
> and click on "Get Involved" under
><NEED: Grassroots Advocacy:
> The Silent Majority - Quiet but Visible - The Cost of Parkinson's
>
>You are each being asked to help by completing the web page form and
>describing what you"Used to Be."
> 'Used to Be' might include  your career or other personal losses. For
>example:  "I Used to be... 'a teacher; ' 'a cub scout leader';  'able to
> dance with my  husband' ; or 'able to swim'."
> Everyone is welcome to participate, including care partners, children of
>PWP, and other concerned individuals.
>
>The final list  will be printed and taken to Washington  for the Senate
>Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations
>Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday, May 22, 2002.  Michael J. Fox will be
>testifying at this hearing.

I checked out the site and was surprised to see, out of the 29 people
listed so far, 25 were PWP.  Of the 25 PWP, 10 were under 40 years of age
at onset, and another 9 were in their 40's.  Four more were in their 50's
and only two were actually 60 or more at onset. Even if this does not
represent the PWP population as a whole, 75% of the petition signers are
under the age of 50. This represents an appalling loss of activity and
productivity. We all deserve better.

Nancy K. Porter, 65/62/57.