From: Jane Masterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Parkinson's in the family?
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:10:37 -0500

My grandfather had an essential tremor
My mother has Parkinson's/Lewy Body disease 77/70
and now my sister is afraid she is getting Parkinson's (age 52)
Her symptoms are

very tired
occasional tremor-she thinks it is a resting tremor
once a month-her foot doesn't seem to move properly and she trips over it
at gym-one arm doesn't swing
when extremely tired she gets flu-like symptoms.

She also has a thyroid problem.
She lives on a ranch and 2 of her in-laws have shaking problems too
(could it be something in the environment?)

HER QUESTIONS

She wants to know what you all recommend to delay more symptoms
if she does have Parkinson's

and

Any recommendations of good neurologists near Hollister, CA?

Thanks for any help

Jane (daughter and sister)
and who has a 17 year old daughter with an active tremor