On 27 Apr 2002, at 1:33, Bruce Anderson wrote:

> My sister told me last night that she had heard or read
> that on the  first TV show that Michael Fox was in -
> something up in Canada - 3 other members of the cast
> have now been diagnosed with PD.   It was reported
> that the chance of that happening had heretofore been
> considered astronomical, and would lead one to believe
> the causes might be environmental!
>
> I m sorry but I did not catch from her where she heard
> this - (she lives in the San Diego area) but I don't believe
> she reads the Star or National Inquirer!
>
> If this had previouly been discusesd on the List - my
> apologoies.
>
> BBA

Hi Bruce,
It was sorta discussed on the list as many links were
posted on the News/Views from the Newswire and
Canadians were alerted when the show would be aired
etc.

Go to Michael J. Fox's newly revamped web site at:
http://www.michaeljfox.org/

and click on:
PD "Cluster" Draws Renewed Attention
http://www.michaeljfox.org/news/news_cluster.html

and read William Langston & Caroline Tanner's "take"
on the subject....

Now here are some links to read more....

Former co-workers of Michael J. Fox develop Parkinson's disease
http://www.wvec.com/news/health/NW_032102ETBfoxcoworkers.1ccff20.html

Actor's illness shared by past co- workers - Four sitcom members
may have Parkinson's, which could support infection theory.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/23parkinsonscci1.shtml

Canadian actor unfazed by possible link between disease and CBC sitcom
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/national/story.html?f=/stories/20020323/425059.html

Michael J. Fox part of B.C. Parkinson's 'cluster'
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/64051_mjfox27ww.shtml

CBC Parkinson's mystery may aid research
4 out of 125 have disease
http://www.nationalpost.com/search/story.html?f=/stories/20020330/493416.html&qs=parkinson

and... Brandi Mills site - The Michael J. Fox Database (A Fan's Site)
http://www.michaeljfoxdatabase.com/

cheers ...... murray