From: maria leigh rupert <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 5:17 AM
Subject: Hello

> Hello everyone,
>     I am new to the list and live in west central Illinois.  My father,
who is about to turn 86 in June has not officially been diagnosed with
Parkinsons but his physical therapist says that the way my father is acting
is that of a Parkinson's patient.  This is all so new to me and my family.
Until a couple of weeks ago, before my Dad's last fall, he was able to walk
sufficiently enough with help.  Now it is only in the mornings when his feet
seem to work correctly.  The evenings, at bedtime, are difficult to watch at
times because his feet don't want to move properly and sometimes they cross
over one another.  It is like watching an infant learn to walk instead of an
85 year old man.  We come into this world helpless and, at times, leave this
world the same way.
>     I realize that other families have and are experiencing the same
difficulties my family is right now.  I really don't have any questions to
pose at this particular moment but it is very interesting to read what
others have to say and the experiences they can share make it seem a little
easier in dealing with my own father's situation.

> Thanks so much,
> Maria

mailto:[log in to unmask]