In a message dated 4/24/2002 9:13:33 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< To me the Parkinson's patient represents all of us waiting patiently (or
impatiently) for a cure - and being told by politicians, such as Brownback
and his supporters, that they have decided that our lives are not do deserve
the same respect as they would give to a cluster of cells that would never
become a human being. I believe the cartoon is not really meant to be funny,
but is Tom Toles' statement against the ban on  therapeutic cloning. >>

Yes, I agree. As I see it this cartoon is not "hah-hah" funny, but it is HAH!
funny, which is to say bitter and ironic, especially in view of the snide
little comment at the bottom about honorable mention.

Your comrade in beyond-the-blastocyst lifeformhood,
Kathleen