The article seems to indicate that he is favor of IVF (and stem-cell
research as well).  His rationale is that the embryos created in those
cases are for the purpose of creating a human life and the virtually
certain destruction of multiple unused embryos is only "incidental" to
their main purpose.

With SCNT, on the other hand, the main purpose of the creation of the
embryo is to harvest the stem cells at the end of a five day period.
SCNT embryos, therefore, are never intended to end up as a human being.

Somehow, he finds this distinction important.  I do not, FWIW.

Gary