Linda is right, I don't think you "got  it".   Maybe I'm wrong, but I think
it means our lives are not as important as an unfertilized embryo/non-, but
possible person in the view of those who want to ban therapeutic cloning and
draw the line on research and we don't make the cut.  It was definitely not
funny, but political cartooons are not funny like the comic strips, they are
usually dead serious and express a point of view. When I taught AP History,
political cartoons were often one of the documents students had to analyze
for the DBQ (document based question) essay for the AP exam. Don't think you
need to be insulted.   Rayilyn