From: "samantha pudge" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: Donated Prescription

> when my father died, i had quite a bit of unused medication.  i took
it to my pharmicist - not the kmart, walmart, grocery store places - a
local, stand alone pharmacy.  he said he had several low income people
he could give it to.  when you have excess, maybe that would work for
you.

> sami
>
> --
>
> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:27:43   Tarzanliveshere wrote:
> >To all:
> >
> >       Something else to keep in mind is that donated, or shared,
medication
> >is also a crime.  If you give your unused medication to someone else
you are
> >illegally dispensing (prescription) medication without a license.
This is a
> >felony in most, if not all, states.  This sharing of medication has
appeared
> >before on the list, and I sent a detailed posting which ought to be
in the
> >archives.  This recent flurry of activity over donated prescription
> >medication also puts the list and the listowners in a very vulnerable
> >position.  And, of course, the boilerplate provisions of the
guidelines from
> >the University of Toronto also cover these postings and ban them.  I
know
> >what it is like to have excess medication and to know someone else
could use
> >that medication.  I have also represented defendants who have
unwittedly, and
> >with the best of intentions, passed on medication to friends and
others for
> >whatever reasons.  Believe it or not: this is criminal activity.
This is why
> >when someone dies, all those unused medications are dumped.  Katie

> >To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
> >In the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn
> >

> Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail
account at http://www.eudoramail.com

mailto:[log in to unmask]