IT'S A GREAT IDEA, Don, in fact, one of the List people I have given drugs
to represents a Support Group, and he has given them to impoverished members
of that support group.  But I am just one person, and it would take plenty
more like me for this to make any difference.

I just got done reading tonight's postings on this, n these sentences from
one of them struck me:

 "One
> might be unwittingly helping someone make a poor self-treatment choice
that
> results in harm. And, much as we feel we know each other, there's always a
> chance that somebody is lurking whose motivation has less to do with need
and
> more to do with recreation or marketing."

I hadn't even considered the fact that a member could be "self-treating"
themselves.  I didn't think anyone would do that...having thought about this
now for exactly 5 minutes - I still think that would be very unlikely to
occur.    I mean every PWP know that getting your meds right is a
time-consuming process.   I just don't think anyone would be motivated to
"double up" or try something new without  first discontinuing something
else, etc.  Especially folks on this List.  As far as recreational drugs
users getting a hold of some of our drugs - I just can't see it.   I don't
think PD drugs are inviting to rec drug users, are they?  I cannot see any
List member giving up any unused ambien or oxicontin [If anyone  knows of
any, please let me know! the VA  doesn't have 'em!!]

I have no idea how many people read these post each day, but think it would
be nice if someone who has to pay for meds themselves would step forward and
explain how hard it is to afford them...

BBA