List members,
Please visit the new GrassrootsConnection website
www.grassrootsconnection.com
 and click on "Get Involved" under
<NEED: Grassroots Advocacy:
 The Silent Majority - Quiet but Visible - The Cost of Parkinson's>

The need is to make the losses we suffer due to Parkinson's visible to
Congress - both the personal losses and the financial losses to the
country's economy .

You are each being asked to help by completing the web page form and
describing what you
"Used to Be."
 'Used to Be' might include  your career or other personal losses. For
example:  "I Used to be...
 'a teacher; ' 'a cub scout leader';  'able to dance with my husband' ;
or 'able to swim'."
 Everyone is welcome to participate, including care partners, children of
PWP, and other concerned individuals.

The final list  will be printed and taken to Washington  for the Senate
Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Appropriations
Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday, May 22, 2002.  Michael J. Fox will be
testifying at this hearing.

SEE: www.grassrootsconnection.com  for more information.
Please also explore other important  issues discussed on this web site
including,  stem cell and therapuetic cloning research,  Medicare
coverage of DBS,  keeping Parkinson's visible and sign a declaration of
support to help find the cure for PD.

The website is owned, designed, and written by Parkinson's grassroots
advocates. Your  ideas and comments are welcomed.

Linda Herman