Gail,
        I was prescribed Eldepryl (Selegiline) - 2x - as an initial
response to PD at the time of my initial diagnosis in 1998.  A little more
than a year later, my insurance company dictated a switch to generic
selegiline.  Shortly thereafter, my symptoms got more pronounced.  Since
then, I've been prescribed carbi/levodopa, starting with 2x 25/100's.  My
current level is 3x 50/200ER with Comtan200.  In 2001, when reviewing my
meds with my neurologist, we decided to titrate off Selegiline.  I went to
1x for two weeks, then off.  I didn't perceive any specific change of
symtoms from doing that.  I do experience "on-off" cycles with
Carbi/levodopa that is worsened by physical or emotional stress and -
oddly enough - lessened by being in a cool environment (e.g.: working
outside in the winter or being in a cool swimming pool.)
    As always,  PD affects us in various ways.  My statements relate to my
response to the disease and it's treatments.  Other people will have
different experiences.  Take what you like and leave the rest.
        Sincerely,  George

Gail Vass <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
04/29/2002 08:19 AM
Please respond to Parkinson's Information Exchange Network