I have been sleeping in waterbeds since 1973.  The plus side is they are
supposed to be good for your back. They are indeed comfortable.  The
minus side is that, since my PD became symptomatic enough to really
bother me, the water bed is one of the more bothersome obstacles in my
home.  My spouse finally gave in to a modified, "soft side" waterbed
frame, which is easier to get out of, but turning over and "scrooching"
up toward the head or down to the foot is quite difficult.  I am lobbying
for a firmer surface and I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend a waterbed for
anyone with PD.

Hot tubs are a completely different animal and I enjoy soaking in one
occasionally.  They are also hard to get in and out of though.

Nancy Porter