Hello,

My dad (75 year old PD) loved his waterbed but also liked to have a
traditional bed to switch off to. I, too, love the warmth and comfort of a
waterbed, and have always slept on a unconstructed bladder (the waterbed
name for mattress) My next waterbed will be one that looks like a
traditional bed and is easier to set up and take down (all the inside water
tubes are separate and so you do not have a really heavy bladder to try and
drain)

Getting back to my dad's experience. Waterbeds do seem to impart a feeling
of wellbeing. And you are right, they can be difficult to get out of. Dad
had the padded frame rails and he just sort of rolled out and into a
sleeping position. I am always sore when I sleep on a regular mattress now.

A lot of folks really do not like waterbeds, our family enjoys being
surrounded by warmth and a surface that has no pressure points. During the
winter it is especially encouraging to have a warm bed welcome you to sleep.

Jann