I second Anne's concerns. I can't tell you how many times I've heard fellow
grad students complain that they can't get any reading or writing done
because they need to prepare for conferences and revise existing papers for
publication and prep for teaching.  A friend of mine once said to me, "you
know, for one just one semester I'd like to be truly a full-time
student".  It would be sad to create the same situation at undergraduate level.