From: "Paulette Marty" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 8:48 PM
Subject: Town minstrels

Does anyone know whether town minstrels could tour freely after the 1572
Act against vagabonds?  The Act does not explicitly exempt them from
prosecution, but if a traveling minstrel clearly indicated (by badge or
some other method) that he was a civic retainer, would he be prosecuted?
I would appreciate any information on this or any suggestions of where to
look for information.
Thanks,
Paulette Marty