I am currently considering the possibility of starting up an online
International Undergraduate Shakespeare Journal, in order to encourage and
disseminate undergraduate writing on Shakespeare and related topics.

I am at the very early stages of considering and planning this project, and
would be very interested to hear advice and suggestions from fellow
REED-Lers.  Would you / your students be interested in such a publication
(whether writing for it or reading it)?  Are there any features that you
would particularly want to see in such a publication in order to make it
valuable to you / your students?

I would be particularly interested to hear from my fellow undergraduates,
those who teach undergraduates, and anybody with experience of publishing a
journal (whether in print or online) who might be able to give me the
benefit of their experience.

Clearly quality control will be a major element in establishing a useful
Journal.  I would ideally like to find a way of making publication in the
Journal something which a student can proudly list on their CV.  I have not
yet decided whether the best way to do this might be to instigate some sort
of "refereed journal" system for the vetting of articles / essays, or
whether - this being the case - the referees should be other undergraduates,
graduate students, or qualified Shakespeareans.  Does anybody have any ideas
or suggestions about this?

If anybody would like to get involved in this project, or would be willing
to offer advice and support as the idea develops, then I would be very
grateful if they would contact me by personal E-Mail.  More general advice
could be sent to the list for consideration and discussion by the group.

Thomas Larque.

"Shakespeare and His Critics"
http://shakespearean.org.uk