Good News Everyone,

I got myself booted out of the hospital yesterday. SHE'S FREE!  This feat in
itself is worth comment.

   I only slept 4 hours night before last but woke full of vim and vigor.
(Major Understatement)  Nothing hurt, I was bouncing off the walls, speeking
fast, shuffling a little faster than usual... )You can drag that foot a
little faster when you are motivatted)

   The doc came in and asked how I was feeling. I asked him to go look out
the window for lightening. To my amazement, he actually went to the window
and looked, turned back to me and said, "it looks like a clear day."  Oh,
really...wow... I'm almost scared to say it, I FEEL GOOD!  Nothing hurts!

   He smiled and told me to get the heck out of here before I got sick.
Said that the steroids that he put me on were once again wiping out my
immune system and I needed to get away from there.  YEAH BUDDY..... I WAS
GIVEN THE KEY TO ESCAPE FROM THE TORTURE CHAMBER.

   Robert arrived just a few minutes later with a change of clotes for me to
put on.  I had barely eaten all week and was anticipating slinking into my
jeans and shirt. HA!  I put on my jeans, flab rolling off the waist (You
must understand that just one year ago I was 117 lbs and wore a size 4).
Then I put on the silk blouse, size L, and looked down... where did they
come from?.... monster boobies.... there must have been a 4 inch gap between
the buttons.  It would not have been possible to button that shirt without a
corset.

I could see it now, Deb leaving the hospital mimicking something from a
Madona video with her bra showing and a wrap of clothing anging over the
shoulders to give the illusion of being dressed.  Problem with this analogy
is that I wasn't wearing one of those fancy lace bra's no sir ree... I had
the old maw maw type on that simply functions to keep those suckers up off
of  the knees.

   Second option, jeans and a hospital gown..naaa..not my style.  So hubby
goes to the $5.00 store and gets me an XL USA pride T-Shirt, comes back,
loads the car and we escape.  The doc had wanted us to go by his office on
the way home so that he could give me samples of a medication to try for
pain before I bought the prescription since I seem to blow up in a red rash
looking at pills these days.

   On the drive over, I sang, giggles, talked, talked, talked, giggled, and
kept repeating how GREAT I was feeling.  By this time Robert is really
getting concerned.. I don't think he has ever seen me this way.  Then a
moment of silence hit.... the light bulb went off... STEROIDS....I'm MANIC.
Cool feeling.

Then I recounted to Robert the story of my Aunt Lavenia who when put on
steroids not only cleaned her whole house, but made new drapes from scratch
for every room, baked a meal for the entire church for Sunday AND was caught
at 6:30 in the morning by one of her children up on her roof mopping the
shingles.  She simply stated that she didn't remember ever having done that
before and thought that they might be dirty by now and then
continued what she was doing.

   If you could of seen Roberts face. Wish I had a picture as this dear man
is looking at me trying to keep his composure and not speak the words that
he is obviously thinking so loud that the people in the next car could hear.

   We arrive at the doc's office. Robert makes sure that he talks to the
doc.    Dr. Raad just smiles when he's asked, "What drug is making her
so..uh.... hyper?:  Dr. Raad says steroids.  He tells Robert that I probably
won't be sleeping much and that I will be having mood swings and then he
looks him in the eye, puts his hand on his shoulder and says, put on your
seat belt, this is going to be one wild ride.  Then the doc looks at me and
giggles, looks back at Robert and says, call me in the morning if you need
to.

   Well, we go home, pack a suitcase and drive to Myrtle Beach, get a room
and here we are.  9 stories above the water, ocean breeze filling the
room,laptop in hand, coffee machine brewing and I'm just as manic today as I
was yesterday.

   I have about 3 more weeks of steroids and am
loving this window away from pain.

   Hugs and warm fuzzies,

   Deborah